FOR MORE INFORMATION ON VOLUNTEERING:
CALL US: (832) 534-5911
EMAIL US: SLHVvolunteer@stlukeshealth.org
St. Luke’s Hospital at The Vintage
CHI St. Luke's Health - The Vintage Hospital is a new facility that is dedicated to bringing the highest quality care to the community, while still allowing them to heal in an environment of Faithful, Loving Care®. As a volunteer, you will play a crucial role in showing our patients, families, and visitors what it means to be compassionate and truly care for the whole person.
What happens after I submit an application?
- The Coordinator of Volunteer Services will contact you regarding your application, and schedule an interview, health screen, and orientation.
- The personal interview will determine individual interests, availability, and placement options.
- Following the interview, you will attend a health screen at the Employee Health Clinic. The health screen includes a volunteer health review and a tuberculosis (TB) test. The TB test must be read between 2-3 days after the injection.
- Orientation will include everything you need to begin volunteering at the hospital and typically last about 2 hours. Dates for orientation vary based on the number of applicants.
- When you arrive your first day, you will review a service description of your area and will meet with a mentor to go through training.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering has a significant impact on the patients, community and can even have a positive influence on the volunteer. CHI St. Luke's Health - The Vintage Hospital is a brand new facility, and the dedication and camaraderie of the employees and volunteers make it a truly unique facility. As a volunteer you can feel the emotional, spiritual, and physical benefits of being part of our unique family, but we offer the following benefits to further show the dedication CHI St. Luke’s Health has for its volunteers:
- Free lunch on the days you volunteer
- Free parking
- Free flu shots
- Letter of recommendation after 65 hours of volunteering
- Leadership opportunities
CHI St. Luke's Health offers volunteer opportunities in a wide variety of areas throughout the hospital. Such opportunities include:
- Emergency Department
- Guest Relations
- ICU Waiting
- Imaging Front Desk
- Gift Shop
- Nursing Unit
- Women’s Services
- Special Projects
- Surgery Waiting
- Pastoral Care
2014 Junior Volunteer Application (15 - 18 years old. Deadline April 30th)( Required Junior Volunteer Document)